What do you think of my new minimalist bedroom?
Since I’ve seen many of you asking for some minimalist decor inspiration, I decided to share with you my process of transforming my bedroom.
I have a simple boxspring bed (previously with no headboard) and I wanted to add a headboard without adding another object to my house. So, I decided to DIY a headboard with some paint, and I really like how it turned out… Added some new (bigger) pillows (sold the old ones), replaced my only duvet cover for a new one (donated old), some wall mirrors (to make the place look bigger), and some fake plants and voila!
Steps for DIY Headboard:
1) Gather all the materials you’ll need (roller, paint, paint strainer, masking tape, a level, measuring tape, pencil)
2) Measure the area you want your headboard to cover, and mark the wall with a pencil. With a level, add the masking tape lines and insure they are straight.
3) Cover anything you do not want paint to get on with masking tape (you can add newspaper to the floor for extra protection). This includes sockets, etc.
4) Start on one side, make sure the distribute the paint evenly throughout the roller brush, and start painting. Depending on the previous color of the wall (and your new color) you may need one or two coats.
5) Let dry and enjoy your new wall!
And if you don’t yet know me: my name is Sofia and I upload videos every week about minimalism and organization.
MUSIC: Lullaby – Joakim Karud
What do you film with? My iPhone 6s and occasionally my GoPro Silver Adventure 4
How old are you? I’m 23 years old
Where are you from? I am Portuguese but I live/study in The Netherlands
What do you do? I am currently studying towards my masters and I freelance